So we settled on 'it doesn't suck'.
I feel totally confident in that review of the new version.
And, I can tell by the edge of your seat stance you are taking, that you are wondering, dying to know, and heavy with anticipation what a new version of the boy and his elephant series is all about. I'll let you dedicated fans in on the fun of being me. Okay, here it is:
The old version used third person narrative. New version is first person talking/thinking.
Yep, there it is. The whole enchilada. Are you okay? Don't forget to breathe (if you don't breathe, you will die--I guarantee it).
Now I am going to bypass eldest child's warnings and say this: it is way more funny than the original!!! I was able to get into the character's head and talk and think and act like a ten year old boy!!! What could be more fun than that? It opened up the sky of humor writing possibilities like the first day of National November Write a Novel In a Month day (google their site for more info on that fiasco: NaNoWriNo). It was so danged much fun to write, I feel elephant giggles surfacing on my tongue at this very moment.
Hmmm, now you have me thinking about what else does not suck in this world:
- my teenaged sons now argue without trying to kill one another--must be a sign of maturity
- the sun has consistently risen every morning since I was born
- Paul Newman now makes gluten and dairy free cookies just for my sensitive constitution--I don't even know him and he is that considerate!
- down the street from our new house there are piglets for us to watch as they grow and not have to own one--cuteness boiled over three thousand times!
- that no one in the world knows that I listen to Classical music in my car--wouldn't want anyone to know I am a true geek
- my cats let me pet them
- my dog still thinks she has to protect me, even though she is 14 and can barely make it up stairs
- okay, here comes the gushy one: I have friends who love me. Okay, I said it, no need to dwell on sentimental subjects
- my parents are alive and healthy, and I like them. Even my grandmother is alive! And she could out-dance me at any moment
- I have the most awesome aunt in the Universe. Don't be jelly, someone had to get her. Just happened to be the lucky one.
- Extended family is funny, supportive, great to be around, and a joy to be a part of. Don't make me name names--you know who you are.
There are more doesn't suck bullets to add, but the time has come to pick up the younger son.
Did I mention my winning the lottery two times by having two such wonderful kids?
proud author of books that don't suck