Monday, May 14, 2012

Eureka Library Reading and Signing

The signing and reading was a success! The children were first read to by the fantastic storyteller and librarian, JoAnne Bauer. She used a variety of imagery from secret animals in paper bags to a puppet show to bring alive the joy of reading.  The audience was delighted and captivated.

Reading my book for the kids was such a treat. We discussed the places they go with their feet, how great bubble baths smell, and that some flowers make them sneeze.  A suggestion for the next book was to include a discovery of legs and arms--children's ideas are always welcome and creative!

JoAnne ended the event with Mother's Day crafts of construction paper flowers or a picture frame for Mom.  The kids dug right in and came up with some treasurable gifts.

Next week, I'm looking forward to visiting, and signing my book at the Tree House Children's Bookstore in Ashland, Oregon. Not having been to that magical town since a High School field trip, I can't wait to see it again.  The Shakespearean Festival will be in full swing so this is a perfect time to go. It's going to be an awesome event!

Also, spending time with my good friend, Kaiyo, owner of Sacred World in Ashland, will be a highlight of the trip.  Now that I've moved closer to his 'neck of the woods', we'll be able to visit more than twice a decade!

The summer book reading tour I've been mapping out is going to be fun. I look forward to meeting with children and parents and sharing the joy of reading, parenting and writing!

Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment