Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Crystal Clear Decision Maker

Wouldn't life be a whole lot more simple if we were each given an official crystal ball for high school graduation? One that:
     
       accurately portrayed what was going on anywhere in the world
       told us what magic was to come in our life
      answer any question--even ones google doesn't know
      tell us what to do to be happy
      show us how we would look with a new hair style
       give the best advice on what to do with our lives

I mean, why the heck don't we get one? What is up with this whole learn-as-you-go lifestyle we are leading? Who is in charge here? I demand to talk with the World Organizer who neglected something as simple as a life-defining crystal orb.

Hmmm, what would I ask my ball. Well, first thing would be what to have for dinner. After all of the meals that I have prepared for the years of having kids who eat on a daily basis (that is every day for umpteen years!), my new ideas are gone with the days of me being a size six. After that, I want a direct answer as to how to be a millionaire and I want that answer RIGHT NOW! No more waiting on that one.

What to do with the million dollars, I do not need the ball for. In my mind, it is already set on exactly what to do. The first thing being to book a cruise. The cruise would, of course, solve the dinner issue for a couple of weeks, as they provide meals.  Second would be to get a house and write and act like I've always been a millionaire.

But I would keep the ball around for such necessities as lottery numbers, clothing that makes me look like I still wear a size six, and how to achieve world peace in under a month. That should cover the main needs of my life.

Hmmm, and as an author, it would be fabulously wonderful to know which of my books will sale the most. Also, should I be writing more chapter books, children's picture books, or pre-teen novels. What is the best way to end my current story? Which character should die and who will be rescued? What is the most captivating, awe-inspiring start to my next creation? See, there are so many needs attached to a crystal ball.

Again, why don't we receive one with our diplomas? I spent 12 years in public schools and that is more than enough justification for being granted a personal fortune teller.

Well, I can say this for certain. My eldest son graduates next year. If things in this world are not organized enough for him to get a crystal ball with his diploma, someone is going to get a big talking to from me!

Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment