Monday, February 18, 2013

Outlining Sequels

For 'Red Nectar', I wrote a quick brief outline and kept the plot going in my mind. I was more set on both getting it done, and letting the story unfold as I went.  But for the sequel, I am going for a more efficient approach. So, I've spent the last two days working on a detailed outline. It feels better this way.
Of course, if during the writing process I decided to change things, I can do what makes sense. It's just as my 12 year-old-son tells me, 'it's your story, Mom. You can do whatever you want with it'.  Kids make so much sense.

The sequel is outlined into 28 chapters. I know just what to do to make the story flow and head for an ending that works. The tension, setting, story line, characters and what they are up to is all in there. Well, at least I hope it's all in there.

Now, I just need to write it.

Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment