Saturday, August 16, 2014

Been There, Done That

A few nights ago, I shared a healthy meal of quinoa and curried lentils with my old friend, Joe, and my new friend, Virginia.
     --BTW, they are a 7 month new couple and I am tickled pink happy for them in their new happiness!--
As the three of us are writers, the evening naturally got a bit on the crazy side, cause you know how us writers get even more weird than usual when placed in the same room together. As a result of our three hour incarceration, a boastingly funny blog sprang out of our creative dinner conversation:

Things I Wish I Could Say, "Been there, done that," To:

1. Being in a shark cage. I didn't ask for clarification, but I am assuming that means that the sharks are outside of the cage and I am safe within. Guess I should have checked. Because with writers, maybe they wanted the full experience of being in a cage with the sharks. You know, for accurate literary description.  Hmmm.

2. Vegas. --How could a friend of mine, living only a few hours from Vegas, never have experienced the joy of a man-made, gambling mecca, that promotes decadence and greed? I mean, really.

3. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Now, I have done this so I get to say 'been there'. Ha ha--I get to cross this off my To-Do in a life time list and you don't. Eat that, Virginia and Joe!

4. Open Mic. Okay, that scares me more than the time I went bungee jumping off the hot air balloon. Perhaps with a bit of Photoshop, I could fake my way through that one. I mean, what if people laugh at what I am putting out there? What if they don't laugh? Man, scary stuff.

5. Horseback riding in to Tibet and then getting your horse stolen. Unfortunately, even my lively brain could not have concocted that story. But it really  happened to Virginia. Wonder how you hitchhike out of a place that doesn't allow cars? Mystery I will have to solve before I steal away to my death bed.

6. Write New York Times Bestseller. Okay, not an original desire, but dang if we don't all share in that request.

7. Start revolution with Myanmar workers! Oh yes! Who is in with me on that one?! Not only could we overthrow the over-rich corrupt, meany pants, owners, we could hang out afterwards and have the best party EVER!

8. Break into the Louvre and steal a Monet. Any one know how to sell one on the black market?

9. Steal $27,013,540 from JP Morgan Chase and disperse the money by placing it into packages from the World Wide Relief Agency. Talk about a feel good, yummy day!

10. Get plastic surgery to impersonate a dictator and demand that all citizens dress and act like a Grimm fairy tale character. Who would you be? Oh, and start wearing a shoe on my head.

Next dinner together, we are going to spend the evening gossiping about movie stars and complaining about our jobs. You know, the usual.

Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment